Position: Territory Sales Representative
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports to: Business Development Manager
the Territory Sales Representative will lead and oversee the development and growth of profitable new business; develop and maintain effective key customer relationships as well as ensure business growth through directing and managing business development activities. You will be the field resource and spend most of your time interacting (face to face) with prospective customers and referral services including existing customers.
Sales representatives sell retail products, goods and services to customers. Sales representative will work with customers to find what they want, create solutions and ensure a smooth sales process. Our Sales representative works to find new sales leads, through business directories, Social Media platforms and client referrals. Sometimes, sales representatives will focus on inside sales, which typically involves “cold calling” for new clients while in an office setting, or outside sales, which involves visiting clients in the field with new or existing clients. The sales representative will have a combination of /outside sales job.
To plan and carry out all sales activities on assigned accounts or areas. Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction and managing quality of product and service delivery.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the Business Development Manager, in conjunction with the Customer Service Centre Manager, to recommend, develop and execute a sales plan to meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets.
- Achieves sales growth and profitability targets by maximizing face time with prospective customers. Identifies and capitalizes on opportunities across a portfolio of LPG products and solutions. Prioritizes prospecting activities to align with customer availability, and actively participates in the local community.
- Prospects, researches, and identifies new business opportunities. Works sales plan to create awareness, discover customer needs, secure new business, and deliver product and service solutions.
- Prepares and confidently presents sales proposals, including pricing and product/service terms to key decision makers. Influences, negotiates, and closes the sale with the best interest of the company and customer in mind.
- Initiates and leads the sales process as the subject matter expert and acts as the customer’s key contract and resource. Builds strong business relations with prospective customers and manages sales cycle by continually following up on their current business needs while anticipating future business needs.
- Collaborates with the Customer Service and Business Development Manager to ensure the needs of the customer can and will be met.
- Communicates regularly on sales progress within the sales funnel/cycle, and prepares reports on key performance indicators.
- Resolves any issues that arise and involves subject matter experts and key decision makers as needed to remove the obstacles.
- Promotes and represents RamcoGas Services positively and professionally within the community and industry to all customers and industry associations.
- Receiving, processing, and organizing shipments and deliveries accordingly.
- Ensure, products which are low are restocked and ensuring that the sales floor is organized according to established guidelines.
- Performing end-of-day cleaning duties, which includes wiping down windows, mirrors, and fixtures as well as sweeping and mopping the shop floor.
- Addressing and resolving customers complaints in a professional manner.
- Processing customer payments using the shop’s Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of store items to provide advice and recommendations as needed.
- Receiving all funds from delivery persons – reconciling orders & stock, recording & ensuring cash is tallied & banked at the end of the day.
- End of day reporting to be done before each end of day
- Start of day reporting to be done i.e. stock counting, reconciling against previous day.
Education and Experience
- Educated to a Decree level or equivalent
- knowledge of relevant computer applications
- knowledge of principles and practices of sales
- knowledge of customer service principles
- knowledge of basic business principles
- experience in sales
- experience in making presentations
- proven ability to achieve sales targets
- planning and strategizing
- persuasiveness and adaptability
- verbal, written communication and negotiation skills
- sound computer (Excel, Word & Power Point) knowledge
- resilience, tenacity and stress tolerance
- goal driven